Sunday, February 5, 2012

thrifty finds... and more

This weekend was such a fun filled weekend.

We kicked it off Thursday when we went to a murder mystery party {I forgot my camera, boo}. The party and game were so much fun, but it was also the first time Frank had really hung out as a group with my sorority sisters and their husbands/significant others. He's not exactly a huge fan of meeting new people and the potential social awkwardness that accompanies it, but guess what? He had a blast! I knew he would. They are great people and I am so excited for him to get to know them and love them like I do.

Friday I went thrifting with my friend and sorority sister Brenna. We hit up every thrift store in town! This girl cracks me up. Not only does she share my love for cool, vintage kitchen utensils and other vintagy goodness, but we have so much playing "What the f*ck is this supposed to be?"
Then, that night we went to a comedy show. We went to the same club a couple of weeks ago for the first time with different friends, and it was such a good time. I can definitely see this becoming a regular date night. Booze and laughs? What's not to like?
Friday's loot. $5 worth of it!
Saturday, Morgan and I went with my mom to a small town about 30 minutes away for lunch and some more thrifting/antiquing. Lunch was....interesting. I'm pretty sure our waitress thought we were crazy. You don't eat cheese, meat, or butter? Wah? {I think I'll elaborate on my new found vegan-ness in a separate post later}. But, it made for a good laugh when my Mom told her we had a butter allergy? hahaha Then we hit up some really cool stores and I splurged {if you call $26 a splurge} on a thrifty find. I'll save that one for another post too {there's a hint in the photo above, though!}. Frank and I ended Saturday night with a Uno face-off. We're 2-2. There's an intense re-match scheduled for tonight!

And now it's Sunday morning and I just know it's going to be another great day. A great lazy day, that is. I mean it did start off with french toast. And I think it is sure to include some Twilight movie goodness. How could we possibly go wrong? Ugh, that's right, I guess we have to let the husband watch the superbowl today. Blah. Oh well. You win some, you lose some ;)

This mornings breakfast. Yumm. Bet ya didn't think you could make french toast without the eggs did ya?


Happy Sunday!
xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: