Saturday, July 30, 2011

my little man is ONE!

Today was my little man's 1st birthday and to celebrate the occasion we threw him a vintage baseball themed birthday party. 

 There was a "concession stand" complete with Baby Ruth candy bars, popcorn, licorice, shelled peanuts, cracker jacks, and of course cupcakes! 

 Our cupcakes were from...wait for it...Walmart! Their cupcakes are pretty darn tasty and I think they did a great job decorating them to look like baseballs.


 The frame for this sign was purchased from Goodwill and I printed out the sign at home using the font "Traveling Typewriter" {I may or may not be obsessed with it, it was all over our wedding stationary}and a striped background from Microsoft Word clipart.

 I picked up a bag of used baseballs at a thrift store to add some vintage-y baseball decor.

 Peanuts.
No one touched, but they were cute!


 Cupcakes close-up!




 I printed on these paper bags with our home printer and filled with freshly popped popcorn...from the microwave =)


 I took monthly photos of Morgan throughout his first year.
For the party I strung them up with jute twine and mini clothespins.
They were a big hit.


 A homemade chalkboard sign.
I'm obsessed with chalkboard paint. Obsessed.


 I made the template for these water bottle labels in Microsoft Word and "laminated" them with packing tape!

Glass bottled root beer added a little vintage flair.


 Rockin' grandpa's cammo hat to shield his face from the sun.
It was a HOT one!





There was no hesitation, he knew what to do with that cupcake!


 Proud momma and daddy posing. Morgan couldn't be bothered with picture taking, there were cupcakes to be eaten! 



Can you believe how fast they grow up?? 
Slow down baby, slow down!



<3 Ashley



I'm linking up with Friday Flair at


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful 1st birthday party!