Monday, February 27, 2012

lightbulb

I wrote about my yearning for the so called simple life and what those words mean to me here.  I have since done some "research" online. More recipe searches, more homeschool researching, and more searching for tips on gardening and preserving, etc. 

As it turns out, I'm not alone in my desire to slow. life. down. and find a simplified peace in my life reminiscent of years past. No, the resources {read: blogs} online are endless, and the like minded ladies countless. 

But, the more I read, the more despair I felt because I didn't really know if I saw life in the country in our future. Plus, how can I be sure this is something I will continue to be interested in? And what if the mister doesn't share my sentiments? {Have I ever mentioned that I'm an over thinker?}

Then, I came across this blog {specifically this and this post} and it all clicked. Hello, Ashley! Make do with what you have, where you are right now. Why oh why did I think I needed some huge change in order to satisfy this inner desire?


So, where does an apartment dweller start?
  • Very soon {as in today} I intend to plant an indoor herb garden and start growing my own sprouts
  • I've already dipped my toe into making some of our own household products when I made homemade laundry detergent, and I plan to try my hand at making more of the like. 
  • I've dusted off the cloth diapers and hope to give them a whirl again soon {thanks for the inspiration, B and K!}
  • And this summer {oh please hurry up, why don't ya?} I'll plan to fill our balcony with a few potted containers of edibles.

 {source}

Here's to turning fantasies into realities...

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: