Monday, February 6, 2012

a country drive

Frank and I were jonesing for a little outdoor excursion today, but decided it was too cold to take the baby out for a walk {yes, we still call him "the baby"}. So, we decided to go for a country drive instead. 



Did you do this as a kid? I have fond memories of going for drives with my family when I was younger and still think it's a fail proof way to fill a lazy afternoon. But, with the price of gas so high it is a rare treat.

We filled a sippy cup with milk for Morgan and stopped by Starbucks on the way out of town. A grande soy chai latte for me and a strawberries n cream frappe for Frank. 



We decided to take a different route and drove down some county roads that we had never been down before. We alternated between pointing out houses we liked along the way {a favorite pass time}, singing along to the radio, and reading from a Freaky Facts book I brought along for kicks. 

Did you know Dr. Seuss invented the word "nerd"? You do now. 



The baby fell asleep somewhere along the way and we enjoyed a little quiet time just the two of us


I couldn't imagine a more perfect way to spend the afternoon. It really is the simple things in life.

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: