Monday, February 20, 2012

road trippin'

This weekend we took a little road trip to visit my Grandma and some more family in Indiana. Even though traveling with a baby is not high on my lists of favorite things to do {it's somewhere down there around shaving my legs and cleaning the toilet}, it turned out to be a nice weekend away.

We got to meet one of our new cousins, and Morgan got to hang out with a person littler than him. That was all kinds of fun to watch.




Look at those tiny toes!



Sunday we enjoyed a yummy homemade breakfast of hearty oatmeal, toast with apple jelly, and juicy cantaloupe.




After which Morgan and I headed back to bed. He cuddled up next to me for a much needed 2 hour long nap, while I read my latest cookbook.

What? Your grandma doesn't have zebra printed sheets?

Morgan stole hearts all over again with his big, beautiful eyes, gorgeous brown locks, and killer smile. And forced Grandma to un-decorate her house for the weekend {i.e. hide all the breakables}.

Morgan with Grandma and Great-Grandma


Please excuse my lack of makeup, I was in road trip mode :)

On the way home, I turned my mom onto the wonder that is Trader Joe's with a pit stop around Chicago. {And now our cupboards are restocked with Joe-Joe's! yes!}


And of course the car ride was filled with warm conversation and the sweet sounds of country music. Yes, I think we can count this weekend a success...

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: