Wednesday, June 27, 2012

picmonkey invitation tutorial

I was perusing tinyprints, looking for ideas for Morgan's 2nd birthday party invite when I came across an invitation I loved. It was perfect for our "little man" theme, but the price tag? Not so much. As in, it wasn't happening. So, I decided to recreate the same invitation in PicMonkey.

Would you like to know how to do it too?

First, upload a pic to the PicMonkey website. Any picture will do because we are going to be covering it up. {Note: you do want to choose a picture that is in the same orientation you will want your invitation to be in, i.e. landscape or portrait}. 


Next, go to the 5th button down {Overlays} on the left of the program and click. Then click "geometric".

From there, select the rectangle and resize it so that the overlay covers your entire photo. You can choose any color you like {below I chose a basic white}. 


Finally, personalize your invitation by adding your text and clipart by using the 4th and 5th buttons down on the left.


I then saved the file to my computer and printed them out at Walmart {Note: Make sure you select "true digital" when printing them so that they aren't cropped at all}. 

They turned out beautifully. I absolutely love them and I really love that I saved $45 by taking the DIY route {$4.61 vs $49}.



Happy Party Planning!

xoxo,
Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the exact tutorial I was looking for. Thank you! Also, new follower :)