Monday, February 20, 2012

homemade laundry detergent

Last Monday I took a half of a "mental health day" for my sanity {and that of those around me - p.s. you're welcome, husband}. 

I dropped Morgan off with my mom for a couple of hours and cleaned up the house a little first. When I'm in a funk like I was that day, I just feel better and feel like I can think clearer when the house is in order. 

I also used the time to make a couple batches of this homemade laundry detergent. It was incredibly easy and the stuff works great. {I also took some over to my mom in a little blue ball jar as a thank you for letting my little rugrat hang out with her for awhile}.



Just a few tips I've picked up around the internet: you only need 1-2 tablespoons {we use about half of that little scoop in the jar} per load. Also, it helps the little soap chunks dissolve better if you start the water and add the detergent before you toss in your laundry. 

...

This day was also the day that I finished up my ruler growth chart. It was so refreshing to channel that negative energy that was bringing me down into a few fun projects around the house and after just a few short hours I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. 

I think everyone deserves a day like that every once in awhile, don't you?

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: