1. He recently has started taking my face in both of his little hands and planting a big kiss on my lips when I ask him for a kiss. He also does this to Cash. So. Freakin. Sweet.
2. A couple of times recently he has said "Oh my" when something happens. Like this morning I accidently knocked over one of the stools in the kitchen. "Oh my!" he said. :)
3. Like a million times a day he asks if someone is alright or lets us know he's alright. "Mama alright?" "Ah alright?" "Ca alright?" and reassures us with "Aby (baby) alright!". Sometimes I think he just says it for something to say, but other times he asks it real heartfelt-ly when he can tell something is wrong.
4. He's recently taken to calling me "Aby (baby) mama". "Come on aby mama". "Alright aby mama?". Only he could get away with calling me baby mama. Only him.
5. I adore the way he says "pweese" and "wolc" (welcome). He might be a little hellion some days, but his a well mannered hellion. I've done something right.
6. He's really in that helper phase. He always wants to help mama clean (he'll go grab the broom), "wash dish" (i.e. splatter water to kingdom come) and bake ("aby bake cake, mama?").
7. His other new favorite is saying "okay", but he pronounces it "A-kay".
8. He is quite the little problem solver. Quite an extraordinary one for his age, I think. (Imagine that, a mom who thinks her child is a genius ;) When he thinks of something he can do in a situation he'll put his finger to his chin and say "I know!" and then run off to get what he needs to fix the situation. For example the other day his paci slid under the fridge. He popped up with finger on chin "I know!", goes to the living room and fetches a long stick like toy and brings it back into the kitchen to fish his paci out from under the fridge. Genius, I tell you! ;)
Sigh. I got them down in print!
I've been collecting this little list in my head for weeks now,
I'm so glad I got them all down before I forgot them.