Saturday, April 7, 2012

red bed


I've been wanting to paint our ugly brass bed for a long, long time. And, I knew from the get go that I wanted to paint it something bold like red or yellow. Maybe that's why it took me so long to get around to actually doing it. I was scared to go so bold. 



But, yesterday I finally bit the bullet. I went to Walmart and bought 2 cans of red spray paint {Krylon Cherry Red}  and within a couple of hours I had the bed in the garage, laid out on a plastic drop cloth, and spray paint in hand. 


Luckily, I had my BFF {yes, I'm 25 and I just used that term} there for moral support. Turns out she has spray painted furniture before so it was great to have her there to give me some tips {and even take aim with the first spray of paint because I was still scared!}. Gotta love a friend that comes for a visit and gets just as excited as me over a spontaneous spray painting adventure!

The bed had to hang out in the garage overnight to make sure it was fully dry, so I woke up this morning like it was Christmas morning. I was so excited to get it back inside and to see what it looked like in the room.


I'm so happy with the way it turned out!


Now I can't wait to whip the rest of the room into shape!
 

xoxo,
Ashley

1 comment:

Monica said...

I have a brass bed in my guest room that I would like to (be brave enough) to paint. No prep at all? Just spray paint? I guess I could do that. :)