Friday, February 10, 2012

Date Night Envelope: February

Today was the first of our monthly date nights from the date night envelopes. It was great quality time together, but I have to admit, in the interest of full disclosure, it wasn't the perfectly romantic date I had envisioned.


This months date was a show at the planeterium at a local college, followed by dinner after. We started the date off by almost being late to the show because of snow and stupid drivers. Come on people, it's Wisconsin! Are you not used to driving with snow on the ground?

My yummy dinner.

Then, about half of the show was super boring. Hello! We're Americans we like to be entertained not educated. is that too much to ask? geesh! 

And if I'm being honest here, I was feeling a little crabby and bickery. It certainly wasn't the perfect date, but it just reminded me why I love this man. I love how he can make me laugh no matter the circumstances. I love how he can annoy me one second and have me cracking up the next. I'm such a lucky lady.

What's that they say about marriage? Oh yea, this: "Marriage let's you annoy one special person for the rest of your life". Even though that's meant to be funny, gosh, there's such truth to it...and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Here's to imperfectly, perfect nights. Man, those are sometimes the best! I can't wait for next months date.

xoxo,
Ashley

p.s. I intend to make a scrapbook page for each month using one of these kits.

No comments: