Monday, January 2, 2012

Memory Jar


I don't know what it is,
maybe it's just a mom thing,
or maybe it's knowing how awful my memory is,
but since having Morgan,
I have been a FREAK about wanting to remember everything.

I keep a lot of things.
I take a million and one pictures.
I write things down.
I buy him cards for every occasion and keep them.
I blog.

I want to remember everything. 
I don't want to ever forget a single detail, 
because, it is a scary thing how time flies as we get older. 

So, after spotting this idea on pinterest,
and following it to it's source here,
I  decided to make a memory jar for 2011. 


Our Memory Jar Contents:
1. A family picture {taken on Halloween}
2. A rent receipt
3. A picture from Morgan's birthday
4. A cork from NYE champagne
5. Movie ticket stubs
6. A stamp from a Christmas Card
7. A love note from Frank that has been living on the fridge
8. A shipping tag with a list of big events of the year
9. Our address cut off of a Christmas card envelope
10. A wedding picture {one of my favs}

...

Now, it's not as full as I would like it to be,
but it's still a start and the memories it contains will be invaluable.

This year I plan to leave a jar out and add things through out the year. 
So, hopefully 2012's jar will be brimming with memories. 

xoxo,
Ashley

p.s. It's a good use for the million and one mason jars I have hanging around too : )

No comments: