Monday, December 26, 2011

Our Christmas Weekend

This Christmas was one of the best I've had in awhile because,
There's nothing like having your own kids to bring back some of that magic to Christmas that we lose as the years go by.

This year we started some of our own traditions, decided to nix some and learned that you sometimes have to let go of the idea of everything being perfect. 

We had such a special Christmas weekend this year.
An imperfectly, perfect Christmas it was!

...

Thursday we went to visit Santa and then, after supper went down to Lakeside park to check out the Christmas light show.


The Santa at the mall wasn't as good as last year's but, his lack of enthusiasm coupled with Morgan's "don't touch me attitude" made for a funny picture. {Lesson # 1 in letting go of the idea of "perfect"}


The light show was great and Morgan loved the music. This was our first year seeing it, but it definitely won't be our last!

...

Friday we went to a Christmas get together for my dad's side of the family. I think I snapped two pictures the whole time and I didn't make it in any of them (and I was all made up with my hair done - Murphy's law). Oh well. {Lesson 2}



...

Saturday. Christmas Eve. 
Morgan and I spent the day playing with his new toys from Fri night.
When Daddy got home we opened up our stockings and enjoyed 
a homemade Chinese dinner with  rice pudding for dessert. 
Next, year we'll order the Chinese in - for sure. {Lesson 3}
Once again, I didn't make it into any of the pics. Boo. 







I also had to go to work Christmas Eve night 11:15pm until 7:15am Christmas morning...Frank worked 6am-2pm Christmas day.

...

Sunday. Christmas morning.
I get off work and rush over to my parents to wish my little man a Merry Christmas! I was dead tired. Oh well. {Lesson 4}. 

My dad got forced overtime and didn't get home until the afternoon when he had to go to bed shortly there after. So it goes {Lesson 5}.

I forgot my camera at home. Damn it. Oh well {Lesson 6}. 

We laid around all day. Snacked on Cinnamon Rolls and pretzel M&M's.  Heck yes. And enjoyed the company of Uncle Brian and Grandma. 

I was too tired and lazy to ever shower and change out of my scrubs, so the pics I did get in today were not at all flattering. Who cares {Lesson 7}.
When Frank got off (and brought my camera!) we opened presents (really fast because we were starving! haha) and stuffed our faces with a delicious dinner my mom slaved away at all day long. 

Afterwards, we all laid around lounging and playing with new toys as Uncle Brian and Frank watched silly youtube videos on the ipad.
















Ahh, yes indeed, it was a perfect Christmas weekend. 

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: