Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One Little Word // 2013


"One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities." - Ali Edwards

I've never been big on new years resolutions. 

For me, it's always seemed like a great way to set yourself up for failure or defeat. 

But, the last several months something has changed in me. 

I've become at once jaded by the ugly things in life, and sentimental and optimistic about what life can be...the beautiful life we can make for ourselves by being purposeful and seeking out the beautiful and lovely in the every day.  

So, when I heard about this new years resolution-ish idea that has been floating around blog land, I jumped on it. 

The idea is this: you choose one little word to focus on for the year and see where it takes you.

My word for 2013?: Lovely.

Simple? Maybe. Life changing? I'll be the judge of that. 

xoxo,
Ashley

p.s. I also have been toying around with the idea of a 365 photo project, but couldn't decide what the focus of that project would be. Well, I've decided to combine the two and make the goal of taking 365 photos {1/day for the year} of things I find to be lovely. The photo above is Day 1. The loveliness I see is not only in the subject {hello! what's more lovely than a mason jar sippy cup?}, but in the composition of the black and white photo. 

No comments: