Thursday, April 26, 2012

thrifty finds 4-26

The best thrifting tip I can offer you? Go often. I think I went 3 times this past week. One day I found nothing, and that's okay. You don't want to buy something just because it's a good deal if you don't absolutely love it or envision it in your home. So go often, but don't be afraid to leave empty handed either. 

Onto my goodies scored this week:


There was a whole box of these old pant hangers at the thrift store this week. I was absolutely giddy with excitement when I peeked into the box and saw them. I used some restraint and only scooped up four. If you come across these, remember they are always perfect for hanging pictures or art like I did in Morgan's room { and I switched out my new Walmart ones with these for a more vintage look}.


 See?



I've been eyeing this plate stand for a couple of weeks. I decided after it was there a few weeks in a row, it was probably a sign that it wanted to come home with me. So it did. It's perfect for parties or every day use, if that's how you roll.


In use. In my lived in kitchen. Don't judge.


This "lap robe" is pretty small, and not too useful for keeping warm, but I loved the colors and the scalloped edges and it looked like it had never even been used. After a quick wash with detergent and vinegar I felt comfortable bringing it into my home.


How excited was I to find this Anthro mug? Again, giddy. These mugs are a cult favorite and I'm so happy to now be  amongst the happy owners of my very own monogrammed Anthro mug.


This black metal shelf was only $3.99! I see these at hobby lobby all the time for $20 +, what a score! I think I might hang it above this chair. 


The "map" obsession continues with this wood cut out of Wisconsin. And, I couldn't pass up this cute little tray/bin for $0.99. 

Happy Thrifting!

xoxo,
Ashley

...
 
Linking up with:


No comments: