Wednesday, April 11, 2012

re-purposed wedding decor

Last week when I shopped my garage I dug out this chalkboard that had been used for our wedding guestbook:


After seeing this huge chalkboard wall-o-quotes in a home tour, I was inspired to hang it in our room with a quote scrawled out on it. But, what to write? Since it was originally used in our wedding, wouldn't it be appropriate to use something from our wedding ceremony? I decided on this line:

"I give you this ring as I sign that I choose you to be my lover, my partner and my best friend to the end of my days. Wear it, think of me, and know that I love you."



yes, my cursive leaves a little something to be desired. maybe, i'll rewrite it... someday.


Who wouldn't want to be greeted daily with that beautiful reminder of your wedding day and the promises made?

  

See that lovely {80's?} dresser in the background? Yea, it's on the to-do list. 


This ladder is situated under the chalkboard for now, but I doubt it will stay there. It was another thrifty find that I have yet to find a home/use for. We roughed it up a little the other day when we were painting the bed.  

Next up for this room is revamped bedside tables. I have an idea in my head, here's to hoping it turns out like I imagine. 

xoxo,
Ashley


No comments: