Wednesday, April 4, 2012

it's been awhile...

...since I shared a few of my more recent thrifty finds.

The obsession with kitchen utensils and odds and ends continues with 2 new cutting boards:


There was no hesitation, as soon as I walked upon this butcher block style cutting board and eyed the $3 price tag, I snatched that baby up. I think I'm in love. If comfort weren't a factor, I think I'd sleep with it and use it as a pillow. 


This cute little cutting board with it's even cuter handle is perfect for quickly slicing an orange or tomato. And for only $1, I could not pass it up. They don't make stuff like this new anymore. 


See that little wooden tray up there? I'll tell you what I told Frank: I don't know what it is, but it's really cool. Turns out it's the perfect little corral for my homemade dishwasher detergent and rinse {aka vinegar}. $1 peeps. 


In the dining area is my new {to me} metal strainer {$2.99}, the perfect receptacle for some of our cloth napkins. And also a cute little peg board game like you see at restaurants. Again, Frank couldn't see the use for that sweet $1 game, but to that I say "What don't we need that for?"


This little plaque is sitting on the sink in Morgan's bathroom. Isn't it sweet? $1.99



And last, but not least, is this wooden chair I scored for 99 pennies. I'm not even kidding. I wouldn't lie to you folks. I'm also in love with it, and I say to you: you can never, I repeat never have enough chairs. 

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: