Thursday, April 5, 2012

shop your home

A couple of days ago I stumbled upon this blog {The Vanilla Tulip}. I don't know how I found it, but I'm sure glad I did. 

One of the first posts of hers that I read is this one about shopping your home. I absolutely love this idea. Not only is it a budget friendly decorating option, but it also is such a thrill. 

I already do this some as I move things around the house almost weekly in order to create new looks. 

I'm constantly pulling things, adding things, and moving things, because I get bored with decor easily. I always have. 

I was the 12 year old that was pushing huge pieces of furniture across her room monthly to rearrange it. These days I'm a little more lazy, so I prefer to move the small stuff around :)

So after reading her post, I decided to head out to the garage to see what was hiding in there that I could bring new life to. Wanna see what I found? 


This basket was rescued from my old bedroom at my parents house months ago, but unfortunately never made it into ours. It used to hold books, but I'm not sure where it will land just yet.


I have a serious mason jar problem. For real. There were boxes and boxes of them in there. I rescued a few of the unique ones and brought them inside. 


I found lots of wedding stuff like these love notes {our DIY guest book} and chalkboard that I'm excited to bring inside.


Cardboard letters also left over from the wedding. They will likely end up in our room along with most of my home shopping treasures. That room is in desperate need of some TLC. 


Funky paper suitcases from Paper Source will serve as storage. I added them to the bookcase in the dining area already.


More random cool stuff.

I really feel like I just went on a shopping spree, and all I did was shop my home garage! What cool stuff can you find in your home and bring new life to? I can't wait to revamp our room and add in some of my finds!

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: