Monday, April 9, 2012

DIY Wall Art


Isn't she pretty? 

Not so much? 

I found this beauty for $2.99 at Goodwill months and months ago. I hated the picture that had been glued onto it, but I saw great potential in the wood underneath. 

It sat in the garage for months and months and even sustained some water damage, as you can see, before I finally decided to bring it inside and do something with it.

First, instead of dealing with the stuck on art, I decided to simply flip it around and move the hanging wire to the other side.


Ta da! Pretty wood shines through.

I outlined what I wanted to paint on it with pencil. Then, I painted my chosen words on with an off white paint. 


we do real. we do i'm sorry. we do love. 

Hung above our freshly painted red bed:



Moral of the story? Don't forget to look for the potential in the hideous art you find in thrift stores. With a little imagination and paint, you can turn it into beautiful, one of a kind art for your home.
xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: