Sunday, July 22, 2012

We partied

Yesterday we celebrated Morgan's 2nd (let's all pause a minute there to let that one soak in...2nd!) birthday with family and friends with a party at Grandma and Grandpa's house. 

The party turned out fantastic...the food was good, the weather was perfect, and the company was great. 

We went with a little man theme this year (see last year's party here) with little mustaches on chocolate lolly pops, the cupcake toppers, and little stickers I made for the lemonade cups. Not to mention the invitations. It's safe to say I got a little mustache happy.

But, most importantly, Morgan had a wonderful time playing with everyone who came to see him and all the fun new toys he was gifted. He started to really get tuckered out towards the end though and showed some his cranky/diva/sassy side. Gotta love that 2 year old attitude! 

Here are some pictures from the big day...

Lemonade station complete with fun, striped straws, a chalkboard sign, and DIY customized cups.

Yummy white chocolate lolly pops I made simply by melting chocolate and pouring into a mold I found at Michael's.

Walmart cupcakes and DIY cupcake toppers (mustache printouts mounted on kraft paper with a tooth pick hot glued in between)

Morgan's banner I made for his party last year. I think it just might become a tradition and make an appearance at his party each year :)

I also made (from a box...) a lemon (dairy free) cake for Morgan. Everyone else really enjoyed it too!

The lucky boy got a big boy bike from his buddy across the street from Grandma and Grandpa's.

It was hard to get him to sit still to open presents once that bike was brought in...see him eyeing it up and ready to leap?

He was in love with this Mickey Mouse musical card from Grandma and Grandpa!

Quite possibly my favorite pic from the day :)

Lots of bubble devices were received - his favorite!

Eagerly anticipating his cake.

New bubble mower!



With both of his great grandmas :)

If you're looking for me, I'll be the one sitting over here trying not to blink before another year passes before I know it...


xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: