Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fantle updated for Thanksgiving

I'm still on the hunt for a "real" faux fantle {oxymoron?}, but until I find one, 
the top of the bookcase in my dining room will have to suffice. 

I updated it a couple of days ago, replacing the Halloween decor with
more fall/Thanksgiving decor. 


I swapped out the Halloween printable for framed burlap which I wrote on with a dry erase marker. Then, I swapped out the black candle stick for a different wooden one I picked up at Target {3 bucks!!} And I added in the vintage books I picked up at a local thrift store for 70 cents each! I had originally planned to "de-spine" {is that a word?} and use them as part of my White Christmas decor I have planned, but I fell in love with the mustardy yellow colors of their covers and decided to keep them.


I also found this orange berry garland in the Halloween clearance at target for $3:


And last but not least, I set out this gorgeous white cake plate I found for $2.80.


I think we might be in love.

xoxo,
Ashley

1 comment:

Ashley said...

i love that framed burlap! you are so creative!!!!!!! i love these ideas!