Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: A nontraditional start

Happy Wednesday!


Today I'm sharing with you another wedding photo, of course, but I'm also opening up to you a bit. 

 Today's photo is of my little Morgan on the day of our wedding, hanging out with mama as I got ready for our very special day. 

Having a baby before we tied the knot was not the plan.
No, our little Morgan was the best surprise we could have ever asked for, but still quite the surprise. 

Your wedding day is an exciting day...and a stressful day, and when you add a baby into the mix it only becomes that much more stressful. Not only was I worried about everything going off without a hitch, and everything being perfect.
I was also worried about the baby. 

Would he be tired from all the excitement, and no nap?
Was he too hot? Was he hungry? Did he need water?
That's definitely not what you find on most brides minds on their wedding day, but it was on mine. And you know what? 
I wouldn't change it for anything.

No everything wasn't perfect. No it wasn't traditional. 
But we are a happy family.
We were a family before that day.
And that day was only a public celebration of the beautiful life we had already begun.


xoxo,
Ashley

ETA: Adorable suspenders and bow tie purchased at this Etsy shop.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Usually the best things in life aren't "traditional" :) I love to hear when a bride thinks about someone other than herself on the big day ;)