Friday, September 16, 2011

updating the little ones room

I decided after Morgan's vintage baseball birthday party
that I was going to incorporate the things I had purchased 
for party decor into his bedroom decor.

His birthday was a month and a half ago...

I just finally got around to making those changes. 
There's still a long way to go. 
It's starting to come together, 
but it still doesn't have that cohesive look I'm going for.

So, even though it's not done yet, 
I wanted to share a few pics with you.

I made this bunting for Morgan's birthday. I love the color combo and the fact that it really is made out of vintage fabric my mom gave me!

I made this pillow out of the same material and some pillow stuffing I had from an old project.

I bought this shelf yesterday at Goodwill at $1.99!

The baseballs sitting on the top of the shelf were signed by guests at his party!

I bought these blocks at a thrift store awhile back and they were used for his party. Now they are sitting on the window sill.

Homemade chalkboard, also from his party.


Of course a little touch of burlap for my boy =)
I replaced paper poms that were hanging with these white paper lanterns from our wedding!


Last, but certainly not least. A vintage school map I found at Goodwill yesterday for $2.99!!! I think I may be obsessed with it! How cool is this?

I'll be sure to post an update with full view of the room when I'm all done.

xoxo,
Ashley

p.s. I'm linking up with: 





and


3 comments:

Unknown said...

so JEALOUS of that school map find!!! i want it!! :))

Brianna said...

I love the letter spelling out his name, that is just too awesome! Would you mind me asking where you got it from?

.burlap and twine. said...

Danielle - I'm still excited about that find and can't get over the fact that it was only $2.99!

Brianna - I don't have it saved on my computer, but I think it's just your basic "Arial Black" font super sized. I printed out the letters (1 to a page) and traced them onto heat and bond paper, then I ironed the heat and bond to my fabric and cut it out along the lines I traced. Finally you peel and iron again onto your other fabric. Make sense?