Sunday, September 18, 2011

it's the little things

Dear Morgan,
I love everything about you, my big-little guy. Yes, even when you're throwing yourself on the floor in a fit because I won't let you have something you want or won't let you do something gross/dangerous{like eat bugs for example. you'll thank me for that one, someday}. But, it's still kinda cute.

But what I really love about you, what really makes my heart swell with motherly love, are the little things you do....

Like when you come and lean against me when we're playing on the floor because you're tired and need that closeness.


Looking back at you in the backseat in the rear view mirror and finding you with legs crossed and a book on your lap, staring intently at the pages. 



When you give me a little wave "good-bye" with a smile when I tuck you in at night.


When you hold your sippy cup with one hand on the bottom of the cup. I just find it so stinkin' cute!


When you stand quietly at the sliding glass door staring out at the activity outside, relishing in the crisp autumn breeze.


When you tug at my pant legs and reach up with your arms because you want me to pick you up. 


When you're sitting in your high chair and cock your head to the right and smile at me.


When you run up to me and give me a big open mouthed kiss without me even asking for one!


Oh, little man, I could go on and on. But I'll stop for now, because you've just woken from your nap and I know there is a huge smile and a little squeal waiting for me when I open the door to your room.

Love,
Your blessed Mama

No comments: