Monday, September 12, 2011

thrifty finds

Does anyone else get a high from digging through thrift stores, hunting for treasures? I know I sure do. And I know I'm not the only one. Is there a support group out there for people like us? Who am I kidding? I don't wanna change. I ain't no quitter. {FYI - I hate the word "ain't", but it was fitting here}

I hit up my local Goodwill at least once a week, sometimes more. Then I bring my bag of goodies home, excitedly show them to the hubby {his enthusiasm rarely matches mine} and then set them aside and forget about them for a day...or week...or month. Yea, it's bad. 

You see, when I buy things at thrift stores I see potential in them. Rarely are they functional or beautiful on their own. No, they require a little TLC before I'll put them out on display. And that my friends, means they require work. And sometimes I get a little lazy...or is it that I'm exhausted from chasing a certain little person out of cupboards? {Yea, let's use that excuse. It sounds better}

So anyways, I was cleaning our bedroom when I found this stack of Goodwill treasures hiding in the corner of our room. I decided to drop everything and share my finds with you right this second because blogging is more fun than cleaning. Procrastination at it's finest, ladies.

Without further ado, { <---Is that how you spell that word? I never know} my recent thrifty finds:

Now don't get all judgy on me when you see this first one, ok? I was almost embarrassed to take it to the check-out, lest the cashier think I'm some super freak cat lover. Nope, I just bought it for the frame, peeps.


Blogger is being stupid and rotating my pictures without asking me. How rude.

Deal!  
I'm really excited about this next find. It's a vintage measuring scoop and it's actually in pretty good condition. I'm going to wash that bad boy up and use it.


49 cents!

I bought this canvas, not for the hideous floral print, but because I figured I could use it for some DIY project. Paint over it? Cover it with fabric? I'll think of something.


Pretty cheap for a canvas, no?

I bought this frame because I thought it would be cute with a little burlap saying in it. Perfect blend of rustic and chic!

Again with the rotating of my pics! Grr.


And last, but not least a cute little message station with memo board. I love the little hook of the bottom. I think I might replace the memo board with something else, I just haven't decided what yet. {ok, you've got me. I'm considering burlap.}


Now to decide where I'm going to put it.



Have you got the urge to go thrifting now? Me too. But, I guess I better get back to the cleaning, eh?

xoxo,
Ash


No comments: