Wednesday, May 9, 2012

reading nook

it really is hanging straight even though it doesn't look like it in the picture

I've been wanting to create a little cozy reading nook for Morgan for quite awhile now. 

When I found these wood picture ledges at the thrift store for $3, I knew they'd be perfect for books.



So, I spray painted them with Krylon's Oil Rubbed Bronze and hung one of them up in a little corner of Morgan's room.

I added a pillow and his cute little monkey chair from great grandma, making it a cozy spot to cuddle up with a book.


I still would like to find some sort of cushions so it's a little more comfy for momma and daddy, but I'm happy with it for now. 

Now I just have to decide where to hang the second picture/book ledge. Hmmm.

xoxo,
Ashley

{P.S. I used this genius trick for hanging the shelf straight}

No comments: