Tuesday, May 1, 2012

..my happy..



1. The scale dropped down another 1.5 pounds this morning. Slow and steady wins the race {this is my current inner mantra, at least}.  2. Morgan snatching up the toilet brush while I'm occupied in the bathroom. He ran around the whole house waving it around for a good minute before I could get to him {ewww} and then giggled uncontrollably as I chased after and tackled him to get it. Boys.  3. Morgan in general. Although I hate to admit it, I think there have been too many times that I've forgotten to truly live in and enjoy the present, always looking towards the future and the next big thing.  Recently, I've been trying to slow down and be more in the moment with my boys. That boy and his daddy are my everything. I've been trying to live in the moment more, and study him, and really soak up every second I have with him. They grow up too fast, and I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again...I don't ever want to forget a thing. 4. Date night with my hubby. We did these little "how well do you know your spouse" quizzes at the restaurant as we waited for our food {enter weird looks from the waitress}. It was really cool to see how much we know about each other, but also how much we didn't know about each other just because we don't ask. I think these guys might be on to something with #10.  5. Morgan being so cuddly lately. He loves holding our hands and walking us around the house, holding our hands as we push him around in the grocery cart, and grabbing onto it as we tuck him into bed. I wonder if he knows he squeezes my heart every time he squeezes my hand? 6. Stumbling upon this photo from our "mini moon" last July. And I thought I loved him then.

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: