Saturday, March 10, 2012

thrifty finds

Yesterday we went thrifting with my friend Brenna. Unfortunately, our first stop was a dud. We both left empty handed. We were sad. But, we kept on trucking and hit up Goodwill next. We both had a lot more luck there!

First I found this "Men's" restroom sign {$1.99}. I wasn't sure about it when I first picked it up, but then after a little thought I decided it would be cute for our guest bathroom which mainly serves as Morgan's bathroom, thus the "Men's" would be appropriate. 


After wiping it down I hung it above the door because we're renters and I didn't think they would be too thrilled with me putting nails in the doors. I really like it. {The "7" on the door is for the month of our wedding and the month Morgan was born in. It's free handed with a sharpie on burlap and in an embroidery hoop}.



Then, I found this *pink* Kitchen Aid salad spinner for $4.99! Such a steal! They retail for $40-60 online! This will definitely come in handy this summer. 


Brenna spotted these pencil bookends first and I tried to hide my enthusiasm in case she really wanted them. But, once she decided that she didn't want them I scooped those babies up! Aren't they ridiculously cute? And only $1.99 for the pair!


My final little goody was this picnic basket {$3.99} and thermos {$1.99}. We went on a lot of picnics last summer and I can't wait to do it again this summer. These will be perfect.



Ahh, finding fun thrifty finds is such a high!

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: