Thursday, March 22, 2012

1st BIG haircut

Today was a momentous occasion. Today we decided to cut THE HAIR. 

Yes, THE HAIR. 

See, we've been talking about it forever, and I knew it was getting a little more on the scraggly side, but I just couldn't bear the thought of it. So I put it off. And off. But, today we ran to Target for diapers before planning to head to the mall for Frank to get a haircut and as we were pushing him in the shopping cart and I looked down at the hot mess that his hair was with the remnants of lunch clinging to it, I suddenly decided that it was indeed time. 

And then immediately I got hit with the worst case of butterflies ever and teary eyed. I don't know what it is about THE HAIR, but it's got a serious hold on us.

So we swung back home to pick up the camera, and headed to the mall for both the boys to get their hair cut. He did such a good job, and he looks so. freakin. cute. I don't even know what I was worried about. Frank on the other hand, the man who was teasing me about my emotions prior to the cut, has been moping around the house the rest of the evening. He's seriously missing THE HAIR. It's been all we've talked about the rest of the day.

You still with me? 
Ready for the million and one pics we took to remember the occasion?

Anticipation!

Clippers! EEK!

Aww!

Lucky boy was blessed with a cow lick in the exact same spot as daddy!





Momma and the big boy!

Family pic!
Whoever would have thought I would one day be more nervous to cut someone else's hair more than my own? That boy makes my heart swell.
xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: