Wednesday, October 10, 2012

moments in time

You know those moments when you wish you could just freeze time? For me, it usually starts when this feeling of utter happiness and peace washes over me. And, it usually hits me in the midst of one of those small, every day moments. One of those moments that under different circumstances may even be considered mundane. Tonight, I had one such moment.

After dinner I changed Morgan into his footie PJ's and we bundled up in our coats and headed out into the crisp fall air to Frank's work to drop off dinner for him. As we drove along the lake, to and from Frank's work, we caught the last of the sun setting over the water, lights from the homes that line the lake glowing, the beautiful orange leaves swaying, and the smell of a bonfire or two in the air. It was a beautiful night, and I was overcome with warmth and happiness. 

It's in these little moments that you let go of your cares and realize just how special life really is. It's the little moments like these that make an imperfect life perfect. 

I felt like the luckiest girl in the world to have a loving husband to drop off dinner for, a beautifully sweet toddler all warm and snuggled up in the back seat in his PJ's, and the promise of a new little life growing in my belly. 

It's these every day moments that make life overwhelmingly beautiful. It's these that make life worth it. So worth it.


xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: