Wednesday, July 20, 2011

finding your creativity and owning it



Up until this past year {and really the past couple of months}, I would never have identified myself as the creative type. I didn't think I had any natural creative talents. I can't draw. I can't paint. I can't sing. 

But, at some point in this past year, I began to realize that I don't have to be an artist, a musician, or a writer to be creative. 

I began to be inspired by the every day things that surrounded me. A photograph. The sunset. My son. 

I began to identify my tastes. What I like and what I don't. I poured over blogs. I learned that there were so many women out there like me. Everyday women. Moms. People from all walks of life that found beauty in their every day surroundings. And I began to realize that this whole being creative thing was a lot easier and a lot more natural than I ever realized. 

My creative energy for the past 6 months has been focused on our wedding. I find such great pleasure in the way that energy paid off.

Now I am focusing that creative energy towards starting my etsy business. I may fail miserably, but that's okay. I just want to know that I tried, that I didn't let fear stand in the way, that I didn't let fear of others judgement stand in my way of my creative pursuits. 



<3 Ashley

No comments: