Friday, April 5, 2013

let them be little...forever


The other day I was sitting on the couch in the living room on the couch feeding Cash. Just the two of us. Such a rare moment. 

As he ate I studied all his chubby, soft and beautiful parts. Life can be so hectic with a baby and a toddler and never ending stacks of dishes and laundry that I have far less time than I would like to just sit and study him and kiss those cheeks over and over and over again (gah! those cheeks!).
As I kissed those cheeks (and chubby hands and that sweet neck) I had that same thought and feeling wash over me that I've had so many times with Morgan. "He's never ever going to be this little again" I thought as tears filled my eyes. That's a thought that will make any mama sad, but it's especially hard to swallow when you are holding your last baby. Never again will I have a two month old. He will be my last baby I bathe in my kitchen sink and the last baby I will rock to sleep at night.

I wish that we could capture and collect these small moments and come back to them again, but since that's not possible (sad face), I will continue to send up a little prayer "please burn this memory into my heart and mind. Let me always remember the smell, the sweet sounds, the feelings and the softness as if I were living the moment again".


xoxo,
Ashley

No comments: